Using the licensed version of Windows Operating System is highly recommended.
This is because the licensed copy of Windows OS gives you the best experience and access to lots of features.
But if you are using an unlicensed or a pirated version, you can see the popup error messages saying “This copy of Windows is not genuine”.
If you are using the pirated version, you will see this message every 5 – 6 minutes, which is very irritating.
If you are facing this same problem, you should check out the procedure mentioned below to get rid of this issue.
The Windows OS is the best OS for using on desktop computers.
The error popup message “This copy of Windows is not genuine” affects the performance of your computer.
It may reduce the speed of equipment and the battery life if you are using the laptop.
Read and follow the steps given below to get rid of this message error.
We have tried and tested these steps on a pirated Windows version, and it worked like a charm.
How to Solve This Error
If you are using a pirated copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 OS, it will take just a minute to solve the issue.
Here are the steps:
- Click on ‘Start’ Menu and find the Command Prompt.
You can run the command prompt directly from the Start Menu or Press ‘Win + R’ button to open ‘Run’ option.
Now enter ‘cmd’ (without quotes) in the Text box and click enter.
The Command Prompt will open.
Otherwise, you can search in the ‘Start’ menu and find the Command Prompt option.
Right-click on the Command Prompt icon and Choose “Run as Administrator”.
- In Command Prompt, type ‘SLMGR –REARM’ (without quotes) and click ‘Enter’.
- After clicking ‘Enter’, you will see the popup message “Command completed”.
That means the command has worked on your PC to resolve this issue.
- Now restart your desktop / laptop and “This copy of Windows is not genuine” message will not appear again.
If you are getting the same popup event after following the steps mentioned above, then you should try another trick, which will work on any computer without any doubt.
- First of all, head towards the ‘Control Panel’ from the Start Menu and open it.
- Now click on the “Windows updates” option or “Uninstall a Program” option.
In both options, you will see the “view installed updates” on the left side of the window. Click on it.
- You will see the full list of Windows updates which are installed in your PC over the time.
Now you have to find the update with the name ‘KB971033’ and click on it.
Click on the ‘Uninstall’ button on the top of the installed updates section and uninstall the selected update.
- After uninstallation, restart your PC for the changes will take effect.
The upgrade ‘KB971033’ is the reason behind this message in Windows OS.
Microsoft pushed this update for Windows OS to discourage the pirated Windows users.
So now you know the way to remove the ‘This copy of Windows is Not Genuine’ error in Windows 7 or 8 OS.
We hope that you solved this error by following the steps shared by us.
If you are facing the same problem even after following above steps, then comment here on the comment box.